This post is about SL Blogger Support, and the awesomeness that is the Designers Looking for Bloggers!
The SL Blogger Support website is a site full of helpful hints, tips and walkthroughs, photography tips, and general helpfulness. There is a whole section dedicated to Designers Looking for Bloggers, where designers go to put their wares forward, or at least they alert you that they are looking for bloggers, designers don’t just go there, the girls over at SLBS keep a list of anything they find and put it all in one, useful place. If you visit (the link is at the side of the page here) you will find there are handfuls of wonderful designers, both new and old, looking for bloggers all with different specifications, ways of applying and all offering different things, very generously. One of those stores is the store I am going to feature here today, following the simple rules they set:
Tea Time is a store that is reasonably new to me, I own a few bits, but the store is growing and branching out and is now looking for bloggers, I thought I’d give it a go, what have I go to lose?! The specifications for this particular blogger group invitation (possibly) is to
1. Have a high quality of editing - ok, so my pics are basic, and I edit minimally, but I always try and make sure the pictures are nice, clear and show the product well).
2. Your blog must be on a minimum of 2 feeds – I think most blogs these days are, although I know feeds have their own rules before they accept your submission.
3. Blog must be at least 6mths old or high quality if new – I don’t think this is unreasonable! Bloggers come and go, sometimes it’s nice to know, if you are going to give your items to people to showcase, that you are not just a one trick pony, I get that.
4. You have to be original – Now I am not sure I qualify for this one. I mean I am me, and that is all I can/aim to be. I might not have the most “original” look, but still, it’s worth a shot!
5. Your style should be in the style of Vintage “Tea Time” – Not entirely sure what this one means, but again, what does it hurt to try? I don’t look particularly vintage, but you can try and make a whole vintage look around yourself, if you want to!
You then must upload your images to the Tea Time Flickr Group and live in hope that you are one of the chosen 15!
So it’s as easy as that, really… I am giving it a shot, I encourage you too, too! It is disheartening when you aren’t chosen, I recently had this myself with 2 blogger “contests” I put myself forward for, I didn’t expect to win with so much awesome talent around, and my heart did sink when I didn’t get picked, but you have to dust yourself off and try again, if you so wish!
Now for the awesome items:
This mesh trenchcoat is a gorgeous Autumn piece, it comes in various colours but I chose this delectable duo of greens and rusts with leaf motif for my look. It’s something I like to think i’d wear in RL, if I could pull it off. It comes in various sizes and is just gorgeous.
This is on offer at the moment, for a limited time, for only $L50! It’s an oversized sweater in one of the most vibrant, gorgeous patterns! It comes in various sizes, as with the coat above, and I found an XS fit me best, it’s like I’m losing weight in both worlds! I think it’s cute on its own, but you could pop it over denims, leggings, or even a pair of cute shorts and tights. It makes me feel as adorable as it makes me look.
Finally, Tea Time do not only do clothing, they do bags, makeups, and jewellery! This gorgeous Vintage style beaded necklace is something I found lurking on a side wall and instantly fell in love with. I wanted to show it as plainly as possible, to not detract from the gorgeous patterns on it, so I simply popped on one of my fav Izzies skins and Elikatira hairs and wore this bad boy naked!
So there you have it. My attempt at telling you about the awesome SL Bloggers Support blog, and my shot at becoming a Tea Time blogger.
*Hairs and skin worn in posts: Elikatira, Al Vulo, Ploom and Izzies and Poses by !bang!